The Other War Years

NFD, I saw that reference in today’s morning newspaper. By coincidence I drove by the L’Ambiance Plaza site later this morning and could not help but remember that terrible tragedy.

I had served as a volunteer in the Trumbull Long Hill fire department in the early 80s, but by the time of this incident I had been recalled to active military service. My former Long Hill FD colleagues did yeomans work assisting the Bridgeport FD, along with many other professional and volunteer departments from the surrounding towns. If I recall correctly, even the FDNY provided site support equipment, including one of the rescue units (R3?) to help.
29 lives snuffed out in an instant due to shoddy construction practices. Horrible. I could not but wonder today what the look back for their families was like on this anniversary.

Today also marked the 47th anniversary of the passing of my father, former FDNY H&L 14, E45, E88/L38, which I chronicled on this site years ago.
Can you copy that chronicle or post a link to it. I would be interested in reading it

Can you copy that chronicle or post a link to it. I would be interested in reading it
Ed, my post about L'Ambiance Plaza was from a year ago And refers to an article last April in the Connecticut Post as I recall. I don't know how I could go back and retrieve it.

Ed, my post about L'Ambiance Plaza was from a year ago And refers to an article last April in the Connecticut Post as I recall. I don't know how I could go back and retrieve it.
ok

I thought you where referring to writing about your father in 45 and 88/38