100' Ferrara Rear Mount Aerials

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
Can they go for the lemon law. Have heard small departments try this with problematic rigs.
If Ferrara is serious about keeping the city happy maybe they would.

tbendick said:
Can they go for the lemon law. Have heard small departments try this with problematic rigs.
If Ferrara is serious about keeping the city happy maybe they would.
"Million Dollar Lemons"? ::) ;)

4 truck said:
We are receiving another Ferrara to replace our problematic one sometime this week or next

I heard a few companies are getting new Ferraras to replace their newish Ferraras.  Who else?  I assume the others will become spares?

Bailey Jeff.  That's right a Ferrara for a Ferrara

Word is that 29 24 4 are definitly getting new ones maybe other companies also

And I am sure that the city is buying these new trucks, just more money that the city is wasting!!!

Bulldog

Bulldog
baileyjeff said:
And I am sure that the city is buying these new trucks, just more money that the city is wasting!!!
I'm sure the specifics about this deal are buried deep and will never be discovered!  If the city is indeed paying for the replacement of 3-year-old trucks they are certainly extremely dumb and inefficient at contract negotiations!

Bulldog said:
baileyjeff said:
I'm sure the specifics about this deal are buried deep and will never be discovered!  If the city is indeed paying for the replacement of 3-year-old trucks they are certainly extremely dumb and inefficient at contract negotiations!
To sum it up gentlemen, common sense is not common or a bureaucratic trait.

baileyjeff said:

The money is coming from Sandy Relief funds.  The Fed is picking up the check.  They job can only purchase apparatus from the current bid, so, they have no choice.  Would it be nice to wait for the next bid?  Sure, but we need a bolstered spare pool now.  There have been several times recently where every single spare rear mount was in service.

Can somebody please explain why Sandy money is paying for 4 Truck to be replaced. Was 4 Truck damaged in the storm????????

Nope it was not just damaged from the constant running and abuse from the city streets

Any truck that went through sandy and got hit with salt water could be affected later down the road. It could come sooner or later. Salt does crazy things to trucks

Bulldog

Bulldog
4 truck said:
Nope it was not just damaged from the constant running and abuse from the city streets
If they are getting that bad that fast imagine how they are going to be when they are approaching 10 years old!

baileyjeff said:
Can somebody please explain why Sandy money is paying for 4 Truck to be replaced. Was 4 Truck damaged in the storm????????

The money is not to replace any of the units.  The money is for expanding the spare pool.  However, the city isn't going to put brand new rigs into the spare pool.  So.....new rigs to companies with problematic rigs.  Problematic rigs get fixed and go to the spare pool where they'll see less abuse.

BCR

That makes sense, if I recall there were a few spare trucks and engines lost that were at a storage garage right ? I know the funeral engine was one of them. Now just imagine how bad the spare pool will be in ten or twelve years when the Ferrara trucks in service have been replaced and are suposed to be spares.

BCR

Question for someone in the know, were the 1999-2002 seagrave rearmounts that were replaced over the last few years in bad enough shape that they had to dispose of them instead of making them spares or is it that the current ferraras that replaced them are out of service so often that there is just not enough to cover all the company's ?

Bulldog

Bulldog
BCR said:
Now just imagine how bad the spare pool will be in ten or twelve years when the Ferrara trucks in service have been replaced and are suposed to be spares.
If they make it that long!

The Ferrara rearmounts ain't that bad. The first batch had a bunch of problems but they seem to have worked out the kinks with the newer batches. The rig itself is nice and is set up well. The aerial it self is great and feels much stronger then the seagrave aerial.