Favorite dispatchers

True That. I DNK Why This Continues....Not to be Too Critical; But - She also Cuts-off before competing Transmission:
Ladder 170 becomes 'Ladder 17-', Engine 255 comes as 'Engine 25-'. :unsure:
I noticed that also but I didn't want to sound too critical either.

That is correct, George uses his name, with NO User Name.

George is featured on a CD made during those busy Fourth of July's in Brooklyn when he was on the job. I'm not sure if it's still available but as I remember I got it from Fire Service Publications "FSP". Just non stop, very heavy fire activity with no computers back then. I don't know how they did it.

We also have other GREAT/EXCELLENT FDNY Retired Dispatchers on here.

Sadly i don't listen into FD as often as i used to (unless there's a big job) so wouldn't know any of the current Disp. I do know Bklyn #290 tho and he's from the top shelf. A really good guy and dispatcher when I've listened into him

Remember Warren telling a story a few years ago at out group dinner in MM and he said after he retired himself and his wife headed down to some place called Tennessee (i'm told the people down there talk real funny)

Anyway Warren said they booked a tour to go see Graceland something they both wanted to do. As the tour bus got near Graceland smoke could be seen raising into the sky nearby. Warren stopped the bus and took in the fire. It went to a 2nd Alarm. Nearly sure his wife continued to Graceland for the tour and they met afterwards :ROFLMAO: that's keeping fire in your life!

Sadly i don't listen into FD as often as i used to (unless there's a big job) so wouldn't know any of the current Disp. I do know Bklyn #290 tho and he's from the top shelf. A really good guy and dispatcher when I've listened into him
And even a better friend..But we won't tell him that hahaha

Brian Grogan posted this picture of two legends on his Facebook page, and I had to share it. Thanks, and sorry, Brian . . .

Warren Fuchs (retired Brooklyn Fire Dispatcher #120) on the left and George Munch (Brooklyn Fire Dispatcher #102) on the right. I know George is on this site; is Warren?
!.JPG

Does anyone know what ever happened to Warren Fuchs or George Munch after they retired?
George Munch became a Deputy Fire Safety Director at the World Trade Center. He was off for 911 but came back to assist in the recovery. I worked with George at the WTC. Like in the FDNY, George was a total professional and a great guy. AndyTrabanco

Although I don't know George Munch, I DO know Warren Fuchs.

We are HONORED to have both of these GREAT RETIRED FDNY Dispatchers on here with us.
You guys were always my favorites as I listened in to your EXPERTISE in dispatching the Busiest Fire Dept, no doubt, in the Entire World. During it's Busiest Years of EXTREMELY HEAVY Fire Activity.
ALL BEFORE A THING CALLED: "COMPUTER AIDED DISPATCHING".

Some other favorites of mine were; "Dispatcher 124", "Dispatcher Three Three Oh", a few more too.

It was so busy back then, it was impossible to listen to even TWO Boros at the same time.

Of course EVERYBODY was GREAT in those days. They HAD TO BE. There was No Room for Mistakes.

Job very well done and ALL THE BEST TO ALL THOSE WHO SOMEHOW OPERATED UNDER WHAT TODAY WE CALL; "THE FDNY WAR YEARS".

PLEASE - ENJOY YOUR WELL DESERVED RETIREMENTS.

P.S. - I took a part time dispatcher job for a small town here. A busy eight hour shift would be maybe 4 or 5 fire, or EMS calls. In fact in those days, maybe late 80s or early 90s, we had a scanner in the dispatch center and I would tune the FDNY in. That was back when FDNY was on the 154 mhz frequency and I looked forward to listening in. That dispatch center had a huge high tower in one of the highest locations in Connecticut.
A place called "Lantern Hill". I could usually pick them up about 120 miles away.
"A GREAT FRINGE BENEFIT THAT CAME WITH THAT JOB".

Last edited: