FDNY EMS Station and Units

fire28

Newbie here forgive the resurrection of an old post....

Seeing ems units like 52H2, 53X3, B50, C843 mentioned, yet i cant seem to match them on the List above? Has the numbering changed?

Wow! Great effort, great info. Pardon my ignorance but this post just expanded my EMS data bank by 1000%!

Lebby

Newbie here forgive the resurrection of an old post....

Seeing ems units like 52H2, 53X3, B50, C843 mentioned, yet i cant seem to match them on the List above? Has the numbering changed?
52H is at Station 50, I presume 53X is also but, I'm not 100% on that it may be a hospital unit. B50 (Battalion) is the Station Captain, all stations have a BXX assigned to them. C84 is QTRG.

EMS units switch stations relatively often, plus sometimes they go back and forth between FDNY and the voluntary hospitals so it can be difficult to keep track.

fire28

52H is at Station 50, I presume 53X is also but, I'm not 100% on that it may be a hospital unit. B50 (Battalion) is the Station Captain, all stations have a BXX assigned to them. C84 is QTRG.

EMS units switch stations relatively often, plus sometimes they go back and forth between FDNY and the voluntary hospitals so it can be difficult to keep track.
Thank You, but the numbers at the end are what? Also what is QTRG?

Lebby

Thank You, but the numbers at the end are what? Also what is QTRG?
The tour, Tour 1 was over-nights (no FDNY ambulances are currently using Tour 1 since we switched to 12s with the pandemic, but still some voluntaries). Tour 2 is days and Tour 3 is evenings (which now include over-nights in the 12 hour schedule).

QTRG is Queens Tactical Response Group, who along with Bronx Tactical Response Group are deployed throughout the city to address high call volume and enhance units in busy areas as needed. I.e. when we had the pair of Third Alarms in Manhattan going at once, they sent QTRG to Manhattan to backfill our vacancies.

memorymaster

53X used to be a North Shore unit out of LIJ but it's been years and I wouldn't even guess what it is today.