New Units

E45/L58 to Staten Island....

Guarantee this stuff will be all over the Rock as gospel next week.

Actually Engcap there is a case to be made to put a ladder with E97. There are 2 single engines (97, 61) adjacent to each other out there. The closest ladders (Ls 61, 47) to either is nearly a mile and a half away. For areas between them it's nearly 2 miles for a first due truck to get there, much more for 2d and 3d due trucks. This compares with less than 3/4s of a mile for truck response in most of the borough. If I'm a taxpayer in Pelham Gardens I might be bitchin'. (Unless you consider a Squad as a first due truck.)

Plus 272 and 296 will be restored with 129 going back to where it first started at 272 before going in with 273. Oh yeah, 299 rumored to be going back to the "big house" in Jamaica. Now, let's talk about the bridge I have for sale. ::)

squad almost always gets put to work as a truck, but rarely as a first due truck.  I just don't see anymore trucks popping up.  What i do see is assigning only one truck on certain boxes and possibly a 5th man for the single engines (grabs a set of irons). 

Interesting (and i assume serious) ideas but they still don't address the response time/distance issue for trucks out in that neck of the woods.

What about restoring the Truck that would have been 1st Due to the site of the largest NYC residential bldg Firestorm since the Civil War ?

Breezy Point during Sandy.....but i doubt anything will be added there.

raybrag said:
Do you mean the St. George, Chief?
If you're talking about the Hotel St. George in BK Heights, there's no problem with the abundance of trucks over there. Tiller Ladder 118 a few blocks down and Ladder 110 about a mile away.

TL 171 has dominated the FF Ski Races for the last 10 years, despite being closed for so long ;-)

For Ladder 159 to get to the Rockaways it is not all that far. I do not see Ladder 171 being reactivated as the work load is really not there.

mack

Administrator
68jk09 said:
What about restoring the Truck that would have been 1st Due to the site of the largest NYC residential bldg Firestorm since the Civil War ?

All NYC communities should have adequate fire protection, not just neighborhoods with high response rates.  Engine 329 should have a truck company in quarters.

While 159 is quartered with 323, they had the card changed for the rockaways
For breezy the truck assignments is as follows. 137,121,159,169,153,156,157.

A truck in 329's quarters would be greatly helpful especially in the summer months.  It takes forever and a day for 121 to get down there chugging along in the 95' tower

BCR

It's interesting, during bad storms when they put additional units in service 500's,700's and 800's. 329 seems to always get one of the trucks (700's) that's a pretty good indicator that the city knows that area has a lack of truck company protection, I'd be curious to see the response numbers of the other areas that regularly have reserves placed at there house for storms. In betting there all toward the too of the list for additional full time units

BCR,

Wouldn't that make sense? You commit your reserves when/where needed. But wouldn't it also indicate that those reserves are only needed in those places during storms?

Just askin'.

Years ago 159 did not go 2nd Due to Breezy Point 121 did & back then 121 responded to every box in Rockaway......also R*4 had Rockaway East of 116 St & R*2 had Rockaway West of 116 St......R*4 responding down Crossbay Blvd over the bridge & R*2 responding down Flatbush Av over the other bridge.....today R*4 has all of Rockaway but theoretically R*2 in their present location is closer ......if both Rescue's left their qtrs at the same time R*2 will arrive at Rockaway Blvd & Crossbay Blvd  way before R*4 then proceed down Crossbay into Rockaway.   

You also have to consider all volunteer companies that are down in breezy point I belive there Are three may be four so the need for a truck company it's any really needed

Charging in 113 said:
You also have to consider all volunteer companies that are down in breezy point I belive there Are three may be four so the need for a truck company it's any really needed

I'm fairly certain that Roxbury Fire Department, Rockaway Point Fire Department, and Point Breeze Fire Department don't have truck companies. Point Breeze has 2 pumpers, Roxbury has a pumper and a Hummer right now I believe, and Rockaway Point has a pumper, 2 ambulances and a chief's vehicle. Most of the homes are 2.5 stories (not that that means there is no need for a ladder company) but now since they are going to be so much higher off the ground, a truck company could be especially useful.

Charging in 113 said:

That's a poor excuse to not have proper coverage. Besides the fact that there's no guarentee that the vollies will get out, they only respond to the breezy point area, no farther west than whatever Roxbury covers(the strip, maybe up to fort Tilden and that's stretching it). There's plenty of area east that will be waiting for a 2nd due truck for awhile or even longer if 137 is down 2nd due in far rock.