News of Members

nfd2004 said:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES go out to RETIRED FDNY Captain John Bendick Sr, aka "jbendick". Captain Bendick is the father of this site owner Lt Tommy Bendick, aka "tbendick".

Gentlemen, I have a couple of important announcements regarding the "News of Members".

First - If you look at the above quote or go back to read the entire story of Reply # 314 you will see how I wished retired FDNY Captain John Bendick, aka "jbendick", a Very Happy Birthday. Many of you also followed in wishing our friend birthday wishes as well.

Now for the First Important Announcement. It was "NOT" his birthday. No it wasn't. Mr NFD2004 made a foul out of himself again. I recently was talking to Capt Bendick and he very polity explained to me that it was NOT his Birthday. I think it boils down to the fact that "I should really know the difference between "A" and "B" but in this case, "I didn't".

For those of you who know him personally, "I'm sure you'll understand". You'll probably just say to yourself; "What a pity". He tries so hard but he just doesn't get it right.

The question is will anybody ever believe me again. Because I am about to tell you the Second Important Announcement today involving "News of Members".

Today, August 9th, is Lt Tommy Bendicks Birthday, aka "tbendick". I'm pretty sure I got this one right. I hope so. So let me say HAPPY BIRTHDAY FDNY Lt Tommy B.

Special thanks to you for all you have done for us on this web site. Many of us have become very good friends. We all have the same interest. If it wasn't for you, most of those friendships would not exist.

As many know, Lt Bendick is the owner and operator of this site. He also provides us with the online radio of the FDNY and FDNY/EMS through a very complex, expensive system that he has designed and paid for himself.

Tommy of course is the son of Retired FDNY Captain John Bendick. Tommy has two young children himself adding to Grandpa Bendicks large family.

I believe before Tommy was a member of the FDNY he worked as an EMT for the FDNY/EMS. I think he was working the very tragic day of 9/11 when America was attacked.

As a firefighter Tommy was assigned to Engine Co 65 right in the middle of Manhattan. There he had the East River on one side and the Hudson River on the other. The home of huge ships several stories high docked along the waterfront. Under the ground there is the meeting place for every subway within the city, along with huge cable vaults and major gas mains. All there to supply the huge amount of high rise office and commercial buildings as well as thousands of residential apartments. It is a place where the FDNY is responsible to protect the safety of not only it's own citizens, but the millions of people who commute there or visit there daily. The numbers of people are staggering. Usually there are cars on the road for as far as you can see.

Once promoted to Lt he has spent time in upper Manhattan Washington Heights and Bronx Firehouses. In addition he has spent time at the FDNY Fire Academy aka "The Rock" as an instructor.

So with that said; "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOM". 

If Indeed, It Is Your Birthday Lt. [  ::) ], Then, In Fact, I Wish You All The Best, and Many, Many More Happy Birthdays to come.

I cannot begin to describe to you My Gratitude for All You Have Done, and continue To Do, for All of Us Here.

( As you know; it seems it's frequently I, who interrupts your Busy Life w/Notification of the
Annoying News that something has gone Down. To Your Credit, and our Service, you have Always been Swift & Polite
in Your Response).

Let me please add, Sir, My Profound Respect and Gratitude for your Service to the Citizens of NYC. Thanks, and God Bless. Staj.

Happy birthday Tom.  Thank you for this website and all you have done to bring us all together.  I have many great friendships through this site for which I will always be grateful!

Today, August 19th is my brother George 60th birthday. He was a firefighter in some of the busiest companies during Bridgeport's (CT) own set of War Years. He retired from the job as a Battalion Chief. Back in his younger days, he was considered to be one of the "Toughest Kids" growing up in Bridgeport's East End neighborhood. At 7 years old I remember him taking on kids twice his age and size.

He also chased the fires of the FDNY War Years with me too. And his first introduction to the world of FDNY was with Rescue 2 after being invited there by then Lt Richard Hamilton (RIP) back in 1968.

He doesn't write on here too much but he goes by the user name of "georged4997". He is one of those "lurker kind of guys". But some of the guys on here do know him. Today, I consider him a "Closet Buff", as some would put it. Still very much into it, but would never admit it like his older brother, Willy D (NFD2004).

Well Happy 60th Birthday George. Back in the day, when he was known as one of the Toughest Kids in the neighborhood, this was his favorite singer. I'd like to dedicate this to him.

"Take it away Tiny".

! No longer available

patrickfd said:
Brother George and I have the same birthday. I'm just a tad younger

Happy Birthday too Pat. But didn't you both ride the back steps on fire trucks with those old roll down boots they wore.

nfd2004 said:
patrickfd said:
Brother George and I have the same birthday. I'm just a tad younger

Happy Birthday too Pat. But didn't you both ride the back steps on fire trucks with those old roll down boots they wore.

Luckily yes. And had tons of fun doing it.

We have an upcoming event involving our "News of Members".

But right now the only hint for you are these THREE Videos. Look each one over and see if you can guess what kind of event is about to take place. Take a guess and see if you know what it might be. Sorry, but members involved in this event are excluded from participating.

The First video and clue:  ! No longer available

The Second Video and clue: ! No longer available

The Third Video and clue: ! No longer available

I hope that all three song videos in the above post (#343) came out okay and everybody was able to view them.

For your next clue of this upcoming special event involving "News of Members", here is what we have.

1) TOP VIDEO - This represents the National Anthem from the Blue Grass Hills of Tennessee

2) MIDDLE PHOTO - This represents the National Anthem from the Country of Ireland

3) BOTTOM PHOTO - This represents the National Anthem from the Streets of the Bronx

Any ideas yet of what this is all about ?