News of Members

nfd2004 said:
I hope that all three song videos in the above post (#343) came out okay and everybody was able to view them.

For your next clue of this upcoming special event involving "News of Members", here is what we have.

1) TOP VIDEO - This represents the National Anthem from the Blue Grass Hills of Tennessee

2) MIDDLE PHOTO - This represents the National Anthem from the Country of Ireland

3) BOTTOM PHOTO - This represents the National Anthem from the Streets of the Bronx

Any ideas yet of what this is all about ?

I know I know  :D ;D :D ;D

I think that "Blue Grass Thing" has to do with Kentucky and NOT Tennessee. That shows how much some Northern Yankee from the sticks of Connecticut knows. But how did us all like that foot stompin' video anyway ? Was ya all tappen' your feet too ?

Well anyway, in our next clue here, "Irish" is right. I bet he knows just what's going on. And I bet Rev "CFDMarshall", from Tennessee, and recently retired "fdce54" from the Bronx, NY knows what's going on too.

Maybe we been waiting long enough and if one of those guys wants to tell us about it, I think we're ready to find out.

nfd2004 said:
I think that "Blue Grass Thing" has to do with Kentucky and NOT Tennessee. That shows how much some Northern Yankee from the sticks of Connecticut knows. But how did us all like that foot stompin' video anyway ? Was ya all tappen' your feet too ?

Well anyway, in our next clue here, "Irish" is right. I bet he knows just what's going on. And I bet Rev "CFDMarshall", from Tennessee, and recently retired "fdce54" from the Bronx, NY knows what's going on too.

Maybe we been waiting long enough and if one of those guys wants to tell us about it, I think we're ready to find out.

Ill take it Willy D.

Video 2 is the Irish National Anthem "Amhr?n na bhFiann" or "The Soldier?s Song" in English and its all to do with The Rev "CFDMarshall" and Frank D "fdce54" visiting Ireland over the next 2 wks. In fact The Rev "CFDMarshall" is probably about 38,000ft somewhere above the US North East as i type

Myself, The Rev and Frank plan to meet up in Dublin on Sept 11th and i hope to be able to sort out a trip into Dublin Fire Brigade HQ so Rev Elwood can meet some Irish FF's and work on his Irish Accent for Oct lol

Hopefully after that we can stop off in a pub or 2 and toast you all lol

Pics to follow next week  :D

Thanks very much "Irish", because that is exactly what I heard too.

What we actually have here is three individuals from completely different backgrounds. Yet all with the same interest and meeting up in a another country across a big, big pond.

These three individuals probably never knew each other until some web site came along. No, it wasn't a dating service web site that brought them together. It was actually this one. A guy from Ireland, a guy from Tennessee, and a guy from the Bronx, NY.

Several of us on here personally know all three. "Irish", "CFDMarshall" and "fdce54". All great guys and all that several members on here would agree with me on also.

Enjoy yourselves my friends. Don't forget to keep us updated okay.

Nicely done on the riddle, Willie.

And to the World Travelers and Irish - safe and happy travels.  Don't do what you shouldn't do and don't get caught if you do.

Today, September 5, 2015, Retired East Hartford, Ct Firefighter and site member Pat D., aka "Patrickfd" became Grandpa "Patrickfd". A new grandson who I am sure will be chasing fire trucks just like his grandfather does. I do know this, he is one lucky guy to have a grandpa like him.

So as is our custom here in celebrating this joyous event, we dedicate this one to you too Pat. As you join some other special grandpas who are just like you. www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT0mkPci06s 

nfd2004 said:
Our LATEST Grandpa List:
  1) Grandpa Steve E., "fltpara16"
  2)Grandpa John B., "jbendick"
  3)Grandpa Steve D., "svd385"
  4)Grandpa John D., "johnd248"
  5)Grandpa Elwood E., "CFDMarshall".
  6)Grandpa Eugene D., "efd274"
  7)Grandpa Kevin D., "kfd274"
  8)Grandpa Ray B., "raybrag"
  9)Grandpa Tom E., "guitarman314"
  10)Grandpa "3511"
  11)Grandpa Dean D., "vbcapt"
  12)Grandpa "Disp51"
  13)Grandpa Jack K., "68jk09"
  14)Grandpa Joe M., "mack"
  15)Grandpa "lucky"
  16)Grandpa John - "jmag228"
  17)Grandpa Doug M., - "AuxWarYearsCapt"
  18) Grandpa Pat D. - "Patrickfd"

If you currently are a Grandpa or become one, you should be on our list too. And if you are a GrandMA, we'll set up a list for you too. As we saw on that you tube video, grand kids are a Special Group of people. And as Good Grandparents, "so are you". 

Here you go GrandMa and GrandPa, I found this just for you.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgwUVuy1qWk

There you go Pat, "Patrickfd". Your name is OFFICALLY added to Our Grandpa List.

Thanks guys. My wife and I are very excited to have our first grandchild. Exciting also to see our other kids excited about their sister and her husband having a child.

nfd2004 said:
Our LATEST Grandpa List:
  1) Grandpa Steve E., "fltpara16"
  2)Grandpa John B., "jbendick"
  3)Grandpa Steve D., "svd385"
  4)Grandpa John D., "johnd248"
  5)Grandpa Elwood E., "CFDMarshall".
  6)Grandpa Eugene D., "efd274"
  7)Grandpa Kevin D., "kfd274"
  8)Grandpa Ray B., "raybrag"
  9)Grandpa Tom E., "guitarman314"
  10)Grandpa "3511"
  11)Grandpa Dean D., "vbcapt"
  12)Grandpa "Disp51"
  13)Grandpa Jack K., "68jk09"
  14)Grandpa Joe M., "mack"
  15)Grandpa "lucky"
  16)Grandpa John - "jmag228"
  17)Grandpa Doug M., - "AuxWarYearsCapt"
  18) Grandpa Pat D. - "Patrickfd"
  19) Grandpa Jack O. - "JOR176"

If you currently are a Grandpa or become one, you should be on our list too. As we saw on that you tube video, grand kids are a Special Group of people. And as Good Grandparents, "so are you". 

Sorry Grandpa Jack O., "JOR176", "we got you now".

Quick Irish Visit Update.....of sorts

Rev Elwood "CFDMarshall" from his facebook posts seems to be having a grand aul time in Ireland having visited Dingle in County Kerry and is now in Kilkenny. I plan on meeting him on Friday 11th to visit Dublin Fire Brigade HQ then maybe a few quiet drinks

Our plan was to meet up with Frank "fdce54" but sadly Frank informed us before he left the states that he couldn't meet us on the 11th as he was leaving for County Leitrim Thursday 10th. Thats all ive heard from Frank. Ive txted him but not sure if hes getting my messages and said he wouldn't be on Facebook while hear so lets hope hes enjoying Ireland

IRISH said:
Quick Irish Visit Update.....of sorts

Rev Elwood "CFDMarshall" from his facebook posts seems to be having a grand aul time in Ireland having visited Dingle in County Kerry and is now in Kilkenny. I plan on meeting him on Friday 11th to visit Dublin Fire Brigade HQ then maybe a few quiet drinks

Our plan was to meet up with Frank "fdce54" but sadly Frank informed us before he left the states that he couldn't meet us on the 11th as he was leaving for County Leitrim Thursday 10th. Thats all ive heard from Frank. Ive txted him but not sure if hes getting my messages and said he wouldn't be on Facebook while hear so lets hope hes enjoying Ireland

"Irish" and "Rev CF", drink up and enjoy yourselves.

That "fdce54" guy promised all of us he would retire November, 2014 too. But he didn't do that either. He finally retired July 1st. He thinks we all forgot that stuff.

Got you added to the Grandpa List too "Grump". Page 16.

Our daughter gave birth last month - a beautiful baby girl.  Our first granddaughter.  Truly blessed

kfd274 said:
Our daughter gave birth last month - a beautiful baby girl.  Our first granddaughter.  Truly blessed

Kevin, "kfd274", Congratulations.

But with so many new Grandpas I just think it is time to update a new list. We will keep the Grandpa videos on page 26 for your viewing pleasure.

So here is the most updated Grandpa List:

1) Grandpa Steve E., - "fltpara16"
  2) Grandpa John B., - "jbendick"
  3) Grandpa Steve D., - "svd385"
  4) Grandpa John D., - "johnd248"
  5) Grandpa Elwood E., - "CFDMarshall"
  6) Grandpa Eugene D., - ""efd274"
  7) Grandpa Ray B., - "raybrag"
  8) Grandpa Tom E., - "guitarman314"
  9) Grandpa - "3511"
  10) Grandpa Dean D., - "vbcapt"
  11) Grandpa Jack K., - "68jk09"
  12) Grandpa "Disp51"
  13) Grandpa Joe M., - "mack"
  14) Grandpa "Lucky"
  15) Grandpa John - "jmag228"
  16) Grandpa Doug M. - AuxWarYearsCapt"
  17) Grandpa Pat D., - "Patrickfd"
  18) Grandpa Jack O., - "JOR176"
  19) Grandpa Andy M., - "Grumpy Grizzley"
  20) Grandpa Kevin D. - "kfd274"

Well the Good News i've touched base with the Rev Elwood "CFDMarshall" earlier today. Dublin was a washout. No rain for 2 weeks, the Rev turns up and the heavens opened ALL DAY

We went down to Tara St Fire Station (Dublin fire Brigade HQ) and waited for 20mins for someone to show us around. Sadly it didn't happen we were told there was no one available and to come back later (which annoyed me)

We took the decision to jump a taxi and head to the 2nd city Station (Phibsboro) home to 2 Engines, 1 Rescue, 1 Ambulance & 1 BC

After waiting 10mins at the door someone eventually answered. FF Keith showed us around gave us local Dublin info and gave the Rev a rundown of All the rigs. Sadly 1 Engine & the Rescue where Spare rigs as the Rescue was involved in an MVA on Thursday the 10th and there 2nd pump was in the garage

He showed us all the T-Shirts (which included T-Shirts from Iraq & Afghanistan) and the New Memorial Garden the lads have built

we then left and headed for O'Donoghue's Pub Home of The Dubliners Irish Folk Band for "a few drinks".

Sadly i counldn't stay too long but we did meet a Great River FD FF (NYC State) who noticed my 3 Truck top and chatted for a bit until we left

Was Great to See The Rev Elwood who ate well and drank alot whilst here. Looking forward to seeing him in Oct. Was gutted DFB HQ didnt work out for us and neither did the weather but what can ya do??

Safe Travels Home Rev Great to see you. As for Frank "fdce54" the best we could do was raise a Glass to you and say "Slainte"

Thanks "Irish" for the update.

I will say this, "a couple of handsome guys in that photo".

When you guys meet up in October, a couple of those fine looking, NYC girls, wanted to meet you. My phone hasn't stopped ringing since a few of my lady friends saw that picture.

I told them that you wouldn't have any time for them. So they got mad at me and hung up.