News of Members

Thanks to all for your good wishes.  I am slowly on the mend and find that posting is a good distraction.  A couple of days ago I had emergency dental surgery to remove three teeth from a badly abscessed gum.  My wife is taking good care of me and thanks to antibiotics, pain killers & the best home made applesauce I expect a full recovery in about a week.

Today is a very SPECIAL DAY in New York City as the crowds are already starting to line up along the expected travel route of a few special Nycfire.net members. Also traveling in their motorcade are a few other very special dignitaries.

It appears that "The Big Apple" is rolling out the carpet for their arrival time expected to be in a few short hours. As we see here the cheering crowds are already lining the streets and they are being led by one of their biggest fans to officially welcome Members; "Mack", CFDMarshall", "fltpara16", all part of this arriving motorcade.

So here is what it is beginning to look like along the route, as the crowd cheers being led by their BIGGEST FAN, in welcoming them to the Great City of New York.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7lJpFwAcCs 

"The Dream Team" visits the Bronx.

Left to right: "fdce54", "CFDMarshall", "nfd2004", friend Kenny S., "mack".

Photo taken by "fltpara16", another member of "The Dream Team".

fdny1075k said:
"The Dream Team" visits the Bronx.

Left to right: "fdce54", "CFDMarshall", "nfd2004", friend Kenny S., "mack".

Photo taken by "fltpara16", another member of "The Dream Team".

The "Dirty Little Secret" is that prior to this they were chowing down at that infamous place at Fordham Rd. & Southern Blvd.

FDNY1075:

You owe me a new computer.  I brought that picture up in a new tab, and as soon as I switched to it, my screen shattered!  :eek:

Over the past several years many of us have had the pleasure of a member coming all the way from across the Big Pond to visit us. From a far away place called Ireland.

I think it is safe to say that every one of us that know him, would testify that you just couldn't ask for a better guy. He is also a friend to many members of the FDNY.

Some probably already know who I am referring to without mentioning his name. Last year two of our members made the trip to Ireland to see him (CFDMarshall and fdce54). I believe that story is posted earlier on here.

We know him simply as "Irish" on here. But his real name is Declan B. He usually comes over once a year to visit us in New York City. "Dec", as we call him, has his own fire department web site also.

Well, we would like to wish our friend "Dec" across that Big Pond a Merry Christmas. I don't know if Santa Clause will visit his house first or ours. But "Dec", here is a little Christmas gift from us to you. I hope you like it. It's called "Fairytale of New York" and it might have a few Irish singers that you just might recognize.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from your friends of Nycfire.net here in the U.S.A.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=riN4M_x0pj4

Thanks for the Kind Words Willy D. I want to wish ALL the Group members A Happy Christmas and Peaceful New Year. I really do enjoy the Get Together's

For Me tho ill go with the original version of "Fairytale of New York"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9jbdgZidu8

Irish, (Dec)  thanks for that it was very nice. Merry Christmas to you and yours,

Jack O'Reilly  (JOR176)

I have received some "inside information" that I can only share with members of this site right now.

We are all familiar with "Our Most Valuable Player", "mikeindabronx", aka Mike D. And of course we are all familiar with his GREAT WEB SITE of Photos, mostly of the FDNY 1980s ( www.fdnybravests.com ). We know that the pictures he has posted on there are really some of the Best showing the FDNY as it was then. Perfect color photos taken from outside, as well as inside of the fire building. There are hundreds of them and these photos were taken when it took a special skill using special film and equipment.

I would now like to pass onto you the "inside information" that I have. Maybe Mike doesn't even know I have this. But he will now. The web site www.fdnysbravest.com has added another page of GREAT Photos. As a member or viewer of this site, you are some of the first to view them.

Thanks Mike for the work you've done. And to your wife Marie, who does all the behind the scene work involved in posting these photos for all of us to view. Two great people who have taken the time to preserve a large part of the history of the FDNY. Thanks to Mike and Marie.

www.fdnysbravest.com/page22.htm