News of Members

Congratulations to FDNY Lt David Royael and NYC Kindergarten Teacher Natalie Moy on their recent engagement. I wish them many Happy and Healthy Years together. 

nfd2004 said:
I have received some "inside information" that I can only share with members of this site right now.

We are all familiar with "Our Most Valuable Player", "mikeindabronx", aka Mike D. And of course we are all familiar with his GREAT WEB SITE of Photos, mostly of the FDNY 1980s ( www.fdnybravests.com ). We know that the pictures he has posted on there are really some of the Best showing the FDNY as it was then. Perfect color photos taken from outside, as well as inside of the fire building. There are hundreds of them and these photos were taken when it took a special skill using special film and equipment.

I would now like to pass onto you the "inside information" that I have. Maybe Mike doesn't even know I have this. But he will now. The web site www.fdnysbravest.com has added another page of GREAT Photos. As a member or viewer of this site, you are some of the first to view them.

Thanks Mike for the work you've done. And to your wife Marie, who does all the behind the scene work involved in posting these photos for all of us to view. Two great people who have taken the time to preserve a large part of the history of the FDNY. Thanks to Mike and Marie.

www.fdnysbravest.com/page22.htm

Always great to see a new set of photos, Thanks Mike!

Congratulations goes out to Steve D., aka "svd385", on the recent promotion of his son-in-law to U.S. Army Captain. As I understand it, he has 5 years active duty, including time served in Afghanistan. Former helicopter pilot now training for "fixed wing aircraft".

Steve is also the proud grandfather of their two children, ages 2 and 4. 

A Big Thank You goes out to site member "fdny747", aka Frank R., for his latest publication on the Unit Response Activity of all the FDNY units. That list can be found on his website; www.FDNewYork.com along with several stories he has posted on the FDNY.

I would also like to add that Frank is also a FDNY Supervising Dispatcher. A few years ago, he was able to help me in a special project that I was doing and I was very grateful for the help that he gave me.

Word is that "AuxWarYearsCapt", Doug M., has been a little under the weather lately. A couple of days in the hospital last week and maybe an upcoming surgery to be done soon. Doug is a friend to many of the guys on this site.

We wish Doug well soon so he can be back here, and also entertaining those four grand kids of his.

Congratulations goes out to Grandpa "CFDMarshall", aka Rev Elwood E, on becoming a Grandpa for the Second Time (see; Replies #108 and #111 here). Yes, the good news is that on March 4, 2016 Baby Declan Allen Cox came into the world weighing in at 8 lbs, 6 oz. A healthy baby as I understand.

Mommy Jess and Daddy, son-in-law Robby, are the very proud parents and doing well. A few of us have met son-in-law Robby who is a firefighter with the DeKalb County, Georgia Fire Department.

Once again, CONGRATALATIONS goes out to "Grandpa CFDMarshall", mommy Jess, and daddy Robby, from your friends of Nycfire.net . As our Irish friend, "IRISH", aka Declan B., would say; "CHEERS".

Congratulations, Rev!  Grandchildren are great (they go home), but great-grandchildren are even better . . . then there are THREE sets of parents and/or grandparents to pass them off to when they wear you out!  ;D

For those who are not aware, soon "Our Most Valuable Player", "mikeindabronx", aka Mike D., will reach his 16,000th post on this site.

Whether it be a news item regarding the FDNY or a fire department across the country, "mikeindabronx" is always there to keep us informed. He often contributes rundowns and information on various jobs throughout the FDNY. He gives us news from all over the world regarding the fire service.

Who needs those high priced reporters from places like CNN, FOX, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS etc. Not when we got site member "mikeindabronx", who I guess spends a lot of his own time to keep us all informed. For that we say "Thank You".

In addition, Mike has one of the finest web sites full of photos from the FDNY of the 1980s. An entire collection of this very busy time. Those photos can be found on his web site www.fdnysbravest.com. Those who have viewed it have nothing but favorable reports about it.

For those of us who personally know Mike, "we all consider him to be a Great Guy". And most of us will tell you that he has a striking resemblance to another well liked guy. His name; "Santa Clause". 

"THANK YOU Mike for All YOU Do".

Now as we mention Our Most Valuable Player, let us not forget "Our Most Popular Thread".

It was started back in February, 2012 by a member calling himself "Mack". For those of us who know "mack", his real name is Joe M., and he is a true friend to the FDNY and many of us here. His father was a FDNY Battalion Chief and he also has a son who is a Boston Firefighter.

That "Most Popular Thread" is now around the 368,000 view mark. It has been visited that many times by viewers like us. It should be no surprise, that thread is called; "FDNY and NYC Firehouses" in the History Section.

Another GREAT JOB done and a lot of effort put into each and every company or firehouse posted.

Let us take a moment to commend these two fine individuals on the work they have done for all of us. Their efforts are greatly appreciated. So lets all "Give it up for "mikeindabronx" and "mack".

www.youtube.com/watch?v=barWV7RWkq0

Bravo ! Congratulations, Well Done !  8)

P.S. Willy; ya' ain't too Shabby yerself.

Many Thanks, Sir, for All Your Work, and Support !  ;)

Bill,

Thanks for this and all the work you do on here.  You're never too busy to recognize and applaud the work of those deserving and that's the proof that you're a grand gentleman.

Be well!