News of Members

fdce54 said:
Happy Birthday John! See if you can get Willie to deliver........

For those of you who don't know, that is the famous Pepe Pie Special with plenty of goodies. I can tell everyone here, it's a favorite of many members on this site.

Recently, a few of the members got together for a couple of days to visit a few fire depts. in Connecticut.

Those members included (by seniority):
  John D, aka"johnd248"
  Willy D, aka "NFD2004"
  Frank D, aka "fdce54"
  Elwood E, aka "CFDMarshall"
  Brad Y, aka "Signal73"

The visits included:

Milford FD - Squad 1/ Medic 1/ Medic 2

New Haven FD - Engine 11/ Truck 2/ Emergency Unit 2
                          Engine 6/ Truck 4
                          Engine 4/ Truck 1/ Squad 1
                          Engine 9/ Squad 2
                          Engine 15

Bridgeport FD - Engine 1/ Ladder 5/ Rescue 5
                          Engine 6/ Ladder 6
                          Engine 12

Norwich FD - Squad A/ Engine 3/ Truck 1
                      Engine 2

New London FD - Engine 11/ Ambulance 100
                            Engine 21/ Truck 25/ Ambulance 200

Special Thanks to:

New Haven Lt Bill Wargo
                    FF Matt Walsh

Bridgeport Battalion Chief John McNichol
                    Captain Rich Skoog
                    Lt Kevin Higgins
                    FF Glen Duda

Norwich Battalion Chief Scott Merchant
                Capt Al Fitch
                Lt Chris Zaugg
                Lt Tim Teper

New London Lt Jeff Rheaume
                    Lt Mark Waters
                    Lt Mike Leonard

Thank you to ALL the members of these companies who took the time to answer the questions we had and for the great hospitality we received.

A donation will be made to the Firefighters Cancer Fund www.ffcancer.org in appreciation for inviting us to join you at the firehouse.

LT Wargo
FF Walsh
My Self
Frank
Elwood

At NHFD E6 T4 & Temporary E8 & Prime Mover w/ Foam Trailer

Brad,

Do you know if Lt. Bill Wargo might be related to John Wargo who was associated with the MV Dayliner at West Point in 1972?

G-man, I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but one time I asked Frank D, aka "fdce54", "when is it the best time to take a nap" ? Frank told me, "the best time to take a nap is right after you wake up in the morning".

Frank M. aka "manhattan", in reference to Lt Bill Wargo being associated with the MV Dayliner at West Point, I don't think that is the case.

I was only able to attend the Satruday visits to Norwich and New London.  Willy D did a super job organizing these visits and the brothers of both departments were fantastic to greet us and show us around their stations.  Nice to meet Elwood and Frank, also.

guitarman314 said:
Signal73 said:

LT Wargo
FF Walsh
My Self
Frank
Elwood

At NHFD E6 T4 & Temporary E8 & Prime Mover w/ Foam Trailer
Is Frank awake in this photo? :D
Yes he is Tom. I was reviewing the photos on my camera. Willy D doesn't know how to say cheese.

nfd2004 said:
G-man, I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but one time I asked Frank D, aka "fdce54", "when is it the best time to take a nap" ? Frank told me, "the best time to take a nap is right after you wake up in the morning".

Frank M. aka "manhattan", in reference to Lt Bill Wargo being associated with the MV Dayliner at West Point, I don't think that is the case.

Willy D this will be the last time Frank breaks my balls for falling asleep in a bar thats for sure :D :D

IRISH said:
nfd2004 said:

Willy D this will be the last time Frank breaks my balls for falling asleep in a bar thats for sure :D :D
Oh no it won't!!!

This is the last rig Captain Willie D rode in before he retired. You can even see his Captain's helmet still up on the dashboard, left there in honor of Willie.