News of Members

mack

Administrator
Happy birthday, Frank.  Let Willy D take you out to McDonalds.  Have a great day. 

Frank have a Happy & Healthy Birthday....Best Wishes for many more....looking forward to our next hangout for some cold ones & some interesting conversation. 

Happy birthday and thanks to you and the other "experts" on this site. I don't have much to contribute but am very grateful as to being a member of this site. I very much appreciate and look forward to the information that you all have to share. You are the BEST!!!

We Welcome one of our newest members to the site, Jay W., aka "hosewagon".

Jay is a Lt on the FDNY and I believe works a Harlem Engine Co. Prior to that he worked the very busy Engine 75 in the Bronx.

Jay's father is a retired Hartford (CT) Fire Captain who later became the Chief of the Willimantic FD in Connecticut. His father, who is now in his 80s, still loves talking about the job and as a Hartford Firefighter he fought the many fires in Hartford during their own set of so called "War Years" of the busy 70s and 80s.

Jay also has a brother who is a Deputy Chief in New Britain, Ct. His brother Paul, is known for his GREAT Fire Dept Paintings which have captured firefighters in action, including the FDNY. His work is OUTSTANDING.
  https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/paul-walsh.html

There is another member of the family, Matt (Jay's nephew), who a few of us met recently, is a firefighter in New Haven, Ct currently assigned to one of their very busy Squad Cos. 

Welcome Jay, aka "hosewagon".

Willy D

Thank you to all for the birthday greetings. I do appreciate them. The scary part is that I'm catching up to Willy D???.. :-[

Welcome aboard Hosewagon, You have a great family legacy! FDCE, I pray you never catch Willy D, I hope you chase him for many years to come.

mack

Administrator
nfd2004 said:
We Welcome one of our newest members to the site, Jay W., aka "hosewagon".

Jay is a Lt on the FDNY and I believe works a Harlem Engine Co. Prior to that he worked the very busy Engine 75 in the Bronx.

Jay's father is a retired Hartford (CT) Fire Captain who later became the Chief of the Willimantic FD in Connecticut. His father, who is now in his 80s, still loves talking about the job and as a Hartford Firefighter he fought the many fires in Hartford during their own set of so called "War Years" of the busy 70s and 80s.

Jay also has a brother who is a Deputy Chief in New Britain, Ct. His brother Paul, is known for his GREAT Fire Dept Paintings which have captured firefighters in action, including the FDNY. His work is OUTSTANDING.
  https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/paul-walsh.html

There is another member of the family, Matt (Jay's nephew), who a few of us met recently, is a firefighter in New Haven, Ct currently assigned to one of their very busy Squad Cos. 

Welcome Jay, aka "hosewagon".

Willy D

Welcome "Hosewagon" - Willy D owes you a nice meal at his favorite restaurant - McDonalds.

Special THANKS goes out to site member "Ala117" for his efforts in posting many of the stories of the FDNY June, 2018 Medal Day awards.

Some here may NOT fully understand the amount of risk involved in earning these medals or unit citations. But thanks to "Ala117", we all can get some idea of the kind of job these members have done to accomplish such recognition. As well as the amount of risk they have pushed themselves to go beyond what it takes.

Special Thanks to ALL those who have gone beyond to save others. And Special Thanks to this site member, "Ala117", for putting the effort and taking the time to tell some of their stories in "FDNY Medal Day", (2018) in the News and Events section on this site.

nfd2004 said:
Special THANKS goes out to site member "Ala117" for his efforts in posting many of the stories of the FDNY June, 2018 Medal Day awards.

Some here may NOT fully understand the amount of risk involved in earning these medals or unit citations. But thanks to "Ala117", we all can get some idea of the kind of job these members have done to accomplish such recognition. As well as the amount of risk they have pushed themselves to go beyond what it takes.

Special Thanks to ALL those who have gone beyond to save others. And Special Thanks to this site member, "Ala117", for putting the effort and taking the time to tell some of their stories in "FDNY Medal Day", (2018) in the News and Events section on this site.

NFD2004: Thanks for your kind comments. Glad to share the stories posted by the FDNY of the members that received the awards. Sharing those stories here was my small contribution to this site and all its great folks. Agree with your comment on the risks the members take, but they would humbly say that they were just doing their job.

Also wanted to say thanks for the stories you and other folks shared in the 'My younger Buff years' thread in the History section. They brought back many memories of the War Years when I lived and buffed in the NYC area and listened to the FDNY on a multi-band radio.

Could this be who we THINK it is ?

Word is that the perp had just finished eating at a local McDonalds prior to this incident happening.

Thanks to one of the members of this site whose keen eye spotted this article and felt the need to alert the membership of this event.

Let's hope it's NOT the same guy. A key factor here is that the guy we're thinking of hasn't seen age 26 in decades. Or could that be just a simple misprint which sometimes happen.

Here's the article and "you" decide for yourself.

https://www.firerescue1.com/arrests/articles/384094018-Conn-man-arrested-for-impersonating-fire-captain-having-FBI-badge/