News of Members

nfd2004 said:
Could this be who we THINK it is ?

Word is that the perp had just finished eating at a local McDonalds prior to this incident happening.

Thanks to one of the members of this site whose keen eye spotted this article and felt the need to alert the membership of this event.

Let's hope it's NOT the same guy. A key factor here is that the guy we're thinking of hasn't seen age 26 in decades. Or could that be just a simple misprint which sometimes happen.

Here's the article and "you" decide for yourself.

https://www.firerescue1.com/arrests/articles/384094018-Conn-man-arrested-for-impersonating-fire-captain-having-FBI-badge/ 
This guy is the love child of Willie D and Birdie the Early Bird....

mack

Administrator
The details point towards one person:

Conn man
Norwich
Fire Captain
Says he's heading to a fire
VW Jetta
Driving erratically
Wrong side of road
Portable FD radio
EMS kit
Coming from a McDonalds
Claims to be 26 but is many years older

Does Willy D have a twin?

"Does Willy D have a twin?" - - That would be quite a trick of nature.  And, if it's true, it's time to yell out "Martha, grab the kids while I hitch up the horses.  We're gettin' outta town!!"

My Good Friends:
I?ve written, and had to produce a Novel. This project has taken approx. 2 Yrs., working on & off. One of the Main ?Characters? of the story is FDNY. You here, have been a primary and consistent source of information. Today, I?ve been on facebook and amazon most of the day in Production & Marketing of the book, and unfortunately, you who have been most helpful wind-up being last stop of the day. Mostly because I know you are the more patient and understanding of all the people & stuff I?ve had to do.
Before I present my Novel to you, I?d like to Post the Dedication, which, because of Operator Error and Ignorance of Technology,
I was unable add the book itself [!].

I owe so much to so many, I struggle here to be as brief as needed. This Novel is dedicated to many:
The Brave and Dedicated men and women of the FBI, CIA, and all National Security Professionals, and all Members of the U.S. Armed Forces committed in Service, to our safety. To All the Brave and Dedicated Members of the FDNY and FDNY-EMS, NYPD, and all who labor to support their Mission. (A portion of the proceeds from this work will be donated to the FDNY Foundation). God Bless All Who Serve. 

All my many friends at Nycfire.net (Too Many to List.) Admin.: Lt. Tom Bendick FDNY Eng.65,  Capt. J. Bendick FDNY (Ret.) E.23.
  Chief Jack Kleehaas FDNY SOC (Ret.), an invaluable source of FDNY History and Operations. Jack O., Mack, 'Willy', and all the rest... Unbeknownst to them, they have been an unending and priceless source of information about Fire/Emergency Service in general and FDNY in particular. Thank You.

Saving the MVP for last: Lisa Tintori - I wrote a Story; Lisa worked with me providing outstanding direction, editing, inspiration and care, to produce a Novel. To Lisa and Momma Joan, my unending Thanks.

https://www.amazon.com/11-Retribution-Jos-R-Walsh-ebook/dp/B07DRXXJV6/ref=pd_ybh_a_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=GYWF5GD5GJRMJ18WTPVK

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1983209848/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1529548656&sr=1-2&keywords=11%2F11+-+Retribution++Jos.+R.+Walsh

Joe that is GREAT NEWS, that you would take the time to write a book from the prospective of our Emergency Responders of a terrorist attack.

None of us could have imagined what happened on Sept 11, 2001 in NYC, Wash., D.C., or Shanksville, Pa. That day changed our whole country and has required ALL of us to be much more alert for such activity.

Our Emergency Responders have taken on even more risk than they had before.

Joe, aka "STAjo", I look forward to reading this book and I've already added it to my shopping cart at Amazon. I will do my best to spread the word of this book as well. 

'Willy" Thank You ! Thanks Sir. for the kind words, your Purchase, and your endorsement and promotion of
this Novel. I Loved & Despaired working on it... But, I do believe it is an important Work, overall, I enjoyed the research and writing it.
Again, my continued and profound Thanks, to All Here, who made this book possible.  - jw  :)

Congrats Joe! It is in my cart as well. Willy , you are next! I know you have a book or three in you!

CFDMarshal said:
Congrats Joe! It is in my cart as well. Willy , you are next! I know you have a book or three in you!

Thanks Rev, "CFDMarshall".

I think that book has already been written. But I wasn't the only author of it. That book is on this site as "My Younger Buff Years" in the "History" section. As guys added their own stories etc., it created more stories to grow from. It just went on from there.

Some guys know this, and Elwood you can certainly relate. For me it was a form of therapy as my wife was going through cancer. I remember reading how "your" (Elwood) wife had passed away as you told us then. Although my wife was being treated for cancer, I considered myself lucky that I still had her with me and she was able to get out at least some of the time.

My wife did pass away after 35 years of a very HAPPY Marriage. I sure was a lucky guy and at 56 years old, living with cancer, she could still pass for a 30 year old model. I used to come home from buffing the FDNY, smelling like smoke as she was getting up to go to work. She understood I enjoyed doing that and she could tell it wasn't ladies perfume she smelled when I got home. 

I remember one of those times she was able to go out was when I met John Bendick, a retired FDNY Captain and the father of Lt Tommy Bendick. We hit it off great and today we are the Best of Friends.

That friendship started from here "just like ours (CFDMarshall) did" and it just grew from that. Without being able to tell my story of buffing the FDNY on this site, none of that might have happened.

The input by so many guys, including those who were there on a daily basis, both FDNY members and buffs, made "My Younger Buff Years" turn out to be what it is. It is a kind of book in itself, with photos and videos, showing the busiest time for fire activity in the history of the FDNY. But I can't take credit as the author of it.

If I ever did write a book, take a look at that thread and see for yourself how many guys I'd have to share royalties with. "It might end up actually costing ME money".

mack

Administrator
Joe.  Great news.  Congratulations.  It had to be very challenging to spend two years on a project but very rewarding.  You have a great plot and a terrific perspective.  Good luck.  But please, if your book becomes a movie, do not offer a role to Willy D. no matter what he offers you.  Do not let him go to book signings.  He still smells like smoke.  Again, good luck.

Sorry, Joe . . . Willy already accepted a role for two Big Macs and a Quarter Pounder to be named later.

1261Truckie said:
STAjo,
Congratulations on the book, hope it does real well

STAjo I hope it does well also and thanks for the kind words in your message.

mack said:
Joe.  Great news.  Congratulations.  It had to be very challenging to spend two years on a project but very rewarding.  You have a great plot and a terrific perspective.  Good luck.  But please, if your book becomes a movie, do not offer a role to Willy D. no matter what he offers you.  Do not let him go to book signings.  He still smells like smoke.  Again, good luck.

Many Thanks, 'Mac' ! Thanks also, for all you do for us Here.
Got it - No Willy on da' Set.  ;)