News of Members

Get well soon Joe.  My wife had both knees done five years apart.  Second one was much easier.

mack

Administrator
Under control.  All units in the process.  Going 10-8.

Thanks for sentiments.  Not a big deal. 

I am also a candidate for replacement. Doctor says they scrape from the bottom of the top bone and the top of the bottom bone and stick a wafer in between. He told me that he will not tell me when it is time, but in fact I will tell him. October sounds pretty good, watching the Red Sox in the World Series! Heal quick Mack, we need the unit histories!

Glad things went well Mack. Hope you get back to your regular routine in short order.

Glad you're feeling good Joe. We'll send the RAC unit over to assist in your recuperation.

Willy D is reaching into his left pocket.  Is he going for a Big Mac with fries and a chocolate shake? 

IRISH said:
Get well soon Joe...Best Wishes

Great Pics of Willie D

Well Mr Irish, aka Declan B., we have some news to pass onto the members about "YOU" as well.

Word here across the Big Pond is that you are currently in training for "The Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Run" taking place on Sunday September 30th, from Brooklyn through the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel to the WTC site.

But wait folks, there's more. Recently while out there running/training for this event in his homeland of Ireland he saw a warehouse fire near his home with fire through the roof and out the windows. Of course he phoned it in using his cell phone but that's not all. He actually Live streamed it from that phone to the dispatch office so they could get a perfect picture of what was going on.

Could that be a "FIRST" ? Could that be a trend that will catch on whenever citizens are reporting an emergency ? If so, it all started with our member "Irish" while training for this years up coming Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Run.

Yes folks, those of us who known "Me Laddie Declan, know that he is Quite a Guy". His only problem seems to be trying to stay awake when a pretty young NYC lady wants to get to know him a little more.

Well as the saying goes: "Where there is a Will - there is a Way". This year Mr Irish plans to hit the nearest drug store and get himself a box of those "NO-Doze" tablets so he can be awake for her, or any other lady trying to have a conversation with him. 

Well Done, Dec !  8)

With All You have going on, it's no wonder you need a nap every now & again...
but really, when a NYC Cutie is chatting you up ?!?
C'mon Lad, Priorities !

I'd like to take this opportunity to invite my friends here to follow
My Amazon Author Page. My Novel '11/11 - Retribution' is available for
purchase there, and you can read some hopefully interesting information
about The Author, (Yours Truly).
https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B07DT487RK

The Novel portrays a fictional Terrorist Attack against New York City.
I'm enthusiastically certain that those involved and concerned with such
matters will appreciate the display of courage and devotion by the Responders/
Rescuers portrayed in this book.

Though the plot itself sounds rather ominous, the Story is a compelling,
methodical and informative description of not only Planning and Execution of a
Multi-Target Terror Attack, but a detailed account of NYPD, FDNY/EMS, Transit,
Counter-Terror Operations at a horrendous Terrorist Mega-Event. I've gotten
a lot of great feedback, from Law Enforcement Officials, NYPD/FDNY/EMS Responders, Combat Veterans, that both the Actions and Emotions described here are accurate and compelling.
To those who've already ordered, my profound gratitude, (Please tell All Family & Friends...). To those who've yet to purchase;
I assure you, you will enjoy this great summer read. NOTE: a portion of the proceeds from the Book, shall be Donated to FDNY Foundation.
I encourage and welcome any feedback/ comments you may have. My Thanks, Joe Walsh

I have ordered and read your book STAjo.  A great read that was hard to put down once you started.  Very good insight into the minds of perpetrators of these types of mass attack events.  The concerning thing about reading this book is the knowledge an attack of this scale is inevitable in a venue where many people gather; whether it be NYC or some other US metropolitan area. Thank you for taking the time to research and write this novel.  A stark reminder we must continue to prepare and be constantly vigilant.