News of Members

WILLY the new patches are in.....  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Culvers-patches-FROZEN-CUSTARD-BUTTERBURGERS-RESTAURANT-logo-patch-iron-on/282843553211?hash=item41daca1dbb:g:5NEAAOSwhiZaf07e

68jk09 said:
WILLY the new patches are in.....  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Culvers-patches-FROZEN-CUSTARD-BUTTERBURGERS-RESTAURANT-logo-patch-iron-on/282843553211?hash=item41daca1dbb:g:5NEAAOSwhiZaf07e

Yes Chief, those Great Culvers Frozen Custard Butter Burgers.....

People sometimes wonder why some of us tend to tip the scales on the PLUS side. It goes from Culvers Butter Burgers and Micky Ds, to White Castle and Maggie Mays.

But behind that patch, here is the story.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE6UwQDICnM

Ok, where do we find these burgers?  Not something we have "down south"! Add these to White Castles and Mickey D's and I will be on my way to the Uncle Wilfred post retirement physical fitness program!

There aren't any in Virginia, Steve.  Closest one is in Wake Forest, NC (long way to go for lunch for me).  Sad thing is that that's probably the closest one to Willy also.  Chain is primarily in the midwest, with a few in Georgia & the Carolinas.

grumpy grizzly said:
Raybrag is right, there are none in the Northeast according to their web site location map.
They had better build one in Norwich if they know what's good for them.

Here is a very quick song (you may have to replay it to hear it) that asks the question that is on my mind:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vOyg13tx5U

nfd2004 said:
Here is a very quick song (you may have to replay it to hear it) that asks the question that is on my mind:

Now here we are doing our best to get this great burger company to open a franchise in your neck of the woods for your dining pleasure and you don't show us any appreciation. I know I'm hurt by this and I'll bet Ray and Jack are too.

raybrag said:
There aren't any in Virginia, Steve.  Closest one is in Wake Forest, NC (long way to go for lunch for me).  Sad thing is that that's probably the closest one to Willy also.  Chain is primarily in the midwest, with a few in Georgia & the Carolinas.

There are several in southwest Florida  - Naples, Bonita, Estero, Ft Myers      8)

fdce54 said:
nfd2004 said:

Now here we are doing our best to get this great burger company to open a franchise in your neck of the woods for your dining pleasure and you don't show us any appreciation. I know I'm hurt by this and I'll bet Ray and Jack are too.

Well, Uncle Willy does look a little bit like Charlie Brown.

As a result of replies 935 & 936, a detail was assigned to inspect the Charlotte (NC) Culver's.  An example of the result of that inspection is posted below. All hands were fully involved, but upon taking up there was nothing left to bring back to quarters.  It has been decided that a mandatory reinspection of the premises will be completed in the not to distant future.

Disp51 said:
As a result of replies 935 & 936, a detail was assigned to inspect the Charlotte (NC) Culver's.  An example of the result of that inspection is posted below. All hands were fully involved, but upon taking up there was nothing left to bring back to quarters.  It has been decided that a mandatory reinspection of the premises will be completed in the not to distant future.
I think one of these samples should be impounded and express mailed to Norwich, Connecticut for further inspection.

Member "Irish", aka Declan B., is here in the USA from Ireland visiting a few of his friends.

Last Sunday, September 29th, member "Irish", aka Declan B., took part in the "Tunnel to Tower" event in NYC. A charity event to benefit the Fire Department, Police Department and the Military. "Dec" as he is known by many here, ran the event in 28 minutes.

Many of the members here know Mr Irish and I'm sure would readily admit; "What a Great Young Laddie" this guy is. He comes here to visit from across the "Big Pond" known as the Atlantic Ocean. He also has his own fire department web site in Ireland.

Nice job Dec and welcome back to the U.S.A.

He is safely here in Virginia after a glitch in our reliable air transport system.  Riding as the BC Aide today, and all is...quiet!