News of Members

Recently, about a half dozen or so members from this site got together in New York City for a bite to eat, a little FDNY and various fire dept chit chat, and they also stopped by a few FDNY firehouses.

Over the years they have become very good friends and usually try to meet up once or twice a year. This year was no different.

But what I also would like to mention here is what they did.

In appreciation for the members of the FDNY taking some time to talk with them about the job and explaining the equipment and kind of work they do, this group of individuals decided to make a donation to a worthy cause. It was decided that they would donate whatever they could to benefit the FDNY or their family members.

As a result, it was decided to make a donation to the "FDNY Family Transport Fund".

The FDNY Family Transport Foundation" provides transportation services to family members who have loved ones in the hospital, they shuttle them to medical treatments and sadly they will even shuttle family members to the funerals of their loved ones.
That donation turned out to be almost $500.00. 

I might also add that this is NOT the first time that such a group of individuals have donated to any organizations to help the FDNY. There has been others as well over the years. All in appreciation for what the members of the FDNY, and this year what a group of NYPD members did for them. In the past they have also visited various FDNY/EMS outfits throughout the city.

BUT WAIT THERE's MORE. When Three members of this site found out that a donation was going to be made to help in some way the members of the FDNY, even though they were NOT able to take part in any of this, "They too made a donation along with this group".

As a result, many, many lasting friendships have been made because of this site and the guys that are a part of it. It wouldn't have happened otherwise.

Great to hear you all donated to the FFT. FFT has helped a family I know greatly in the last few months. Seeing it first hand is truly amazing.

"THEMAJESTIRIUM1", aka Joseph Ramos, I just finished watching the "Blessing of Jersey City's Rescue 1" that you posted on this site in the "National Section".

I greatly appreciate the work you do in recording and posting the many videos you provide.

Also, I am one of your many 47,000 subscribers to "THEMAJESTIRIUM1" You Tube Channel.

So whether its the FDNY, NYPD, FDNY/EMS, or any other such organization within the Metro NYC area, "we thank you for what you do".

And here is "THEMAJESTIRIUM1" being interviewed by a news channel.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ptm4dUb4p0

mack

Administrator
nfd2004 said:
"THEMAJESTIRIUM1", aka Joseph Ramos, I just finished watching the "Blessing of Jersey City's Rescue 1" that you posted on this site in the "National Section".

I greatly appreciate the work you do in recording and posting the many videos you provide.

Also, I am one of your many 47,000 subscribers to "THEMAJESTIRIUM1" You Tube Channel.

So whether its the FDNY, NYPD, FDNY/EMS, or any other such organization within the Metro NYC area, "we thank you for what you do".

And here is "THEMAJESTIRIUM1" being interviewed by a news channel.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ptm4dUb4p0

Thank you Joe for your terrific work!

Recently the Administrator of this site, Retired FDNY Captain John B., aka "jbendick", paid a visit to another member of this site in Virginia. That member, Steve E., aka "fltpara16", being a Battalion Chief in Albemarle County, Va.

Right after Capt B's visit, a good job comes in for Steve, the only B/C assigned to cover the entire county. According to one picture I saw, this is one of those on arrival, as they say in the FDNY - "Urgent 10-75". Usually followed by "Urgent, transmit a second alarm".

But because of the large area of this county, B/C Steve E., "fltpara16", is on the scene by himself for a total of eight minutes until the first arriving companies arrive because of the large area they cover.

He sure could have used a Chief's Aide at that point. And who would have been more perfect to be that Chief's Aide ?

You guessed it, Retired FDNY Captain John B., who prior to being promoted to an FDNY Officer, spent time as a Chief's Aide in one of the busiest battalions of the FDNY. Retired Capt John B., who spent some of his time as the Aide for the very busy 19 Battalion in the Bronx.

Albemarle County FD, B/C Steve E., aka "fltpara16", directed the operation. They put the fire out and hopefully everybody is okay.

But according to Steve, he says "we sure could have used Capt John B's expertise on this one".

The fire eventually went out and no one was hurt, but I sure could have used Captain John Bendick as my aide! Or should I say I would have made a great aide to Captain Bendick!

Isn't That Always the way ? Right After ya' Leave; The Big One Comes In !  ;)

Great Photo of 2 Great Guys !

Last night, November 15, 2018, this site's owner, Lt Tommy Bendick, of Engine Co 66 was awarded a Class "A" medal for the rescue of civilians trapped under water in their car - upside down. 

The members of that company (Eng 66) also received a Unit Citation for their work as well in this under water rescue which took place in the Bronx. 

Congratulations to Lt Tommy Bendick, this site owner and a good friend to many here. Also to the members of FDNYs Engine Co 66 who were on the scene and operating - together making this a successful rescue of those civilians trapped under water. 

Nice job by LT Tom & his Men....also on the same order LT Glenn Harris LAD*142 (former R*2 FF) possibly the most Senior LT still active.