News of Members

fltpara16 said:
He is safely here in Virginia after a glitch in our reliable air transport system.  Riding as the BC Aide today, and all is...quiet!

Glad to hear that the Irish Lad is there in Virginia. But I sure hope it's not a busy night for B/C Aide Irish. He needs all the rest he can get. Word is there might be a young lady interested in seeing him soon. I think last time he had a difficult time trying to talk to her. He just couldn't stay awake, and that's without being the B/C aide the night before.

Willy if you get to Central LA. check this Burger King out......    https://external-preview.redd.it/21CDTuXLf9-FSDpspKYtw3uQ4Kv2vut3n0I_v7Hcnuo.jpg?s=200c36a05f44e4cd2d6676c2413ce5ce01ae4e77

68jk09 said:
Willy if you get to Central LA. check this Burger King out......    https://external-preview.redd.it/21CDTuXLf9-FSDpspKYtw3uQ4Kv2vut3n0I_v7Hcnuo.jpg?s=200c36a05f44e4cd2d6676c2413ce5ce01ae4e77

Chief, looks to me like they don't want anybody trying to steal those Whopper Jrs. 

"AuxWarYearCapt", aka Doug M., has been having some medical issues and hasn't been able to go on this site lately.

He still has a couple of issues to take care of and hopefully he'll be back into the swing of things soon.

Take care Doug and as the colder winter weather starts to come in - just stay home and take care of yourself.

Maybe when the warmer spring season comes around, some of the guys can meet up and put down a couple of those (Bayside MMs) burgers that we all love so much.

I hope you'll keep us updated too, okay.

In your "News of Members" Series a little interesting fact about this sites Administrator, Retired FDNY Captain John B., aka "jbendick".

In 1993 a popular movie came out called; "A Bronx Tale". I believe most of that movie was filmed in the Belmont section of the Bronx.

John played a small part in that movie as an FDNY Firefighter (he tells me - only a few seconds). During his few seconds of fame in that movie, it took three days of filming and he was paid $1,400 for his part.

For those members who have not seen the movie, I'm sure you can watch the entire show on youtube. Here is the preview of that movie that was shown back then in 1993.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=z50PjmZYS4A 

nfd2004 said:
In your "News of Members" Series a little interesting fact about this sites Administrator, Retired FDNY Captain John B., aka "jbendick".

In 1993 a popular movie came out called; "A Bronx Tale". I believe most of that movie was filmed in the Belmont section of the Bronx.

John played a small part in that movie as an FDNY Firefighter (he tells me - only a few seconds). During his few seconds of fame in that movie, it took three days of filming and he was paid $1,400 for his part.

While the film was obviously supposed to be the Bronx, most of the exterior shots were done in Astoria.