News of Members

mack said:
Wow - happy birthday Dan.  Don't accept an offer from Willy D to celebrate at some nice place or he will be taking you out for a Happy Meal - and you will pay.
And Willy will do all the eating.

Happy Birthday, Dan.  And take Joe & Frank at their word . . . they are 100% right.  8) ::) 8)

Happy Birthday, Dan and whoever called you Kid is correct. At 62, you are one of the younger boys on this site.  Willy D doesn't look a day over 80.

Happy Birthday, Dan ! Thank You for Your Years of Dedicated Service, and all you
contribute here. Enjoy ! ( Easy on the JWB; your not as Bullet-proof as ya' used to be  ;) )

mack

Administrator
Dan (Johnnygage)as a member of Ladder 5 in younger days:

20180405-134433-82366-A-FRE-Keith-Young-4-5.jpg

Happy birthday Dan:

Screenshot-2015-06-04-20-54-41-1-1.jpg

Hasn't changed a bit!

"Mack"...you're killing me! Thanks for the laugh and using the younger version of the real JohnnyG!... special thanks to all for your kind well wishes, I had a wonderful day...Happy Spring!

To memory master; thanks Charlie. That was the hot spot for awhile, fun memories too!

In your News of Member Series, I would like to introduce the members of NYCfire.net to Philip D., aka "Lebby".

Philip D., aka "Lebby", had been a volunteer firefighter in New Jersey and Maryland since he was 14 years old, starting as a Junior Firefighter and rising to EMS Captain.

"Lebby" worked for Rutgers University Emergency Services for about a year and a half, then moved on to work for University Hospital EMS in Newark. (I've seen for myself, is a very busy place).

Last year he again made a career switch to the FDNY/EMS. He hopes to become a firefighter in the FDNY.

He is currently assigned to EMS Station 16, in the 16th Battalion (Harlem).

He has been a buff of the FDNY since he first got started in the fire service, but recently also got into buffing Newark.

Philip, aka "Lebby", says he ran across this site before he got on the department, but has only become active recently with information to add.

"Lebby" says: "It's been a pleasure to read and learn from everyone's knowledge and experience".

Well Philip, aka "Lebby", it's been a pleasure to learn and read from "YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE" too. In fact the discussion has come up of how we would like to have more members of the FDNY/EMS share their stories with us as well.

I appreciate having you here with us, as I'm sure so many others do as well.

No doubt, you have helped thousands of people, whether it be in NYC, Newark, and New Jersey/Maryland.

Personally, in my travels and during my buff years, I have seen the kind of work that members of University Hospital EMS in Newark and members of FDNY/EMS Station 16 (Harlem) have done.

It is an HONOR to have you with us and I certainly admire you and appreciate the kind of work that "you" and "your brother and sisters" do for ALL OF US.

Philip, after others here read your story, I have a feeling that I am probably NOT the only one who feels that way either.   

DAN this ones for you.....  https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-York-City-Fire-Ladder-5-1991-Seagrave-100-TDA-Fire-Apparatus-Slide-1216/372634804126?hash=item56c2c3df9e:g:VPcAAOSwiehcllpp

mack

Administrator
nfd2004 said:
In your News of Member Series, I would like to introduce the members of NYCfire.net to Philip D., aka "Lebby".

Philip D., aka "Lebby", had been a volunteer firefighter in New Jersey and Maryland since he was 14 years old, starting as a Junior Firefighter and rising to EMS Captain.

"Lebby" worked for Rutgers University Emergency Services for about a year and a half, then moved on to work for University Hospital EMS in Newark. (I've seen for myself, is a very busy place).

Last year he again made a career switch to the FDNY/EMS. He hopes to become a firefighter in the FDNY.

He has been a buff of the FDNY since he first got started in the fire service, but recently also got into buffing Newark.

Philip, aka "Lebby", says he ran across this site before he got on the department, but has only become active recently with information to add.

"Lebby" says: "It's been a pleasure to read and learn from everyone's knowledge and experience".

Well Philip, aka "Lebby", it's been a pleasure to learn and read from "YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE" too. In fact the discussion has come up of how we would like to have more members of the FDNY/EMS share their stories with us as well.

No doubt, you have helped thousands of people, whether it be in NYC, Newark, and New Jersey/Maryland.

Personally, in my travels and during my buff years, I have seen the kind of work that members of University Hospital EMS in Newark and members of FDNY/EMS Station 16 (Harlem) have done.

It is an HONOR to have you with us and I certainly admire you and appreciate the kind of work that "you" and "your brother and sisters" do for ALL OF US.

Philip, after others here read your story, I have a feeling that I am probably NOT the only one who feels that way either. 

Philip - Welcome - glad you are a member and appreciate what you do.

68jk09 said:
DAN this ones for you.....  https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-York-City-Fire-Ladder-5-1991-Seagrave-100-TDA-Fire-Apparatus-Slide-1216/372634804126?hash=item56c2c3df9e:g:VPcAAOSwiehcllpp

Thanks JK, that was the ol' gal, my office for 7 years. For the 5th Anniversary of the Watts Street fire, I requested if the shops could "stripe" the rig and freshen it up. They obliged. This is a photo before they did that. Thanks for sharing!

mack said:
nfd2004 said:

Philip - Welcome - glad you are a member and appreciate what you do.

Thank you for the warm welcome. I appreciate your sentiment, but as Chief Croker said it's "...all in the line of work."

Signal73 said:

Relating to Our Upcoming "Member Get Together" on May 11th, I understand that young "Probie Wanna Be", Gracian Bendick, (see above photo) will be making a Special Guest Appearance.

Both his grandfather, Retired Capt John Bendick, and his father, Lt Tommy Bendick, along with Gracian, will be arriving late for that "May 11th Member Get Together" due to "Family Day" for John "B", who is in training for the FDNY/EMS at this time.

"I know that I've certainly been impressed with young Gracin Bendick". "I hate to admit it but I think he knows more about pump pressures, friction loss, and ladder company operations than I do". (I just hope he doesn't ask me any questions).

Also word is that Probie FDNY/EMS Member, John "B" has been assigned to hit the streets of the Bronx for a few "hands on tours" a week at both "EMS Station 19" (located at 2285 Jerome Ave - former quarters of Eng 75/Lad 33/Batt 19) and "EMS Station 27" (located at 243 East 233 St).

Interesting point - John B's grandfather, Retired FDNY Capt John Bendick, (jbendick) was assigned to that former firehouse as a firefighter on Jerome Ave.

nfd2004 said:
Congratulations to grandson and nephew, John "T", of the Bendick Family on his new job with the FDNY/EMS. He was sworn in today (February 11th) and he will begin his training at Fort Totten in Queens by the end of the month.

John "T" is a great young guy and I have confidence that he will be an asset to the FDNY/EMS, as well as the citizens and visitors to New York City.

I understand that his previous place of employment gave him a party in appreciation for the job he did during that employment. Even a few employees who were off for the day stopped by to wish John "T" all the best.

Of course his grandfather, Retired FDNY Capt John Bendick, and his uncle Active FDNY Lt Tommy Bendick, are the administrators of this web site.

Best Wishes John "T" for a safe and happy career with the FDNY/EMS.

The latest Progress Report on John "T", the Grandson of Retired FDNY Captain John B., (site administrator), and Nephew of FDNY Lt Tommy B., (site owner) with his on going training with the FDNY/EMS.

I am being told by his grandfather, John B., that he is doing very well. His test scores have been very high.

John "T" as he is known, is getting himself some required "hands on" training these days/nights riding with the members of the busy FDNY/EMS Stations 19 on Jerome Ave and Station 27 on East 233rd St - both in the Bronx.

I have known John T for a couple of years and I am sure that he will be an asset to the FDNY/EMS and be directly involved in helping hundreds of people. No doubt he will have a huge impact on saving many lives within the city.

It's nice to know that we still have some younger individuals out there that we can all depend on in our time of need.

As many of you already know, we have Charlie T., aka "memorymaster", who has retired from the FDNY/EMS as a boss (Lt., right Charlie - ?), a frequent contributor here, and also one of our newer members to our site, Phil D., aka "Lebby", who is currently assigned to EMS Station 16 in Harlem.

We salute them for their life saving services as well. Thanks Guys.