Pump Testing New Super Pumper

dan

There has been little to no official info on this rigs intended use, function or responses or location....anything you see here is pure speculation and internet folklore......

I wonder if the Feds or locals might use these units at the west coast wildfires. I understand the water supply issues, but surely those can be overcome. After all, we're Americans and we can damn well overcome any problems!
Oh yes we can!

Pictures from Facebook, courtesy US Fire Pump & Ray Penatzer.

"Completed testing on this #FDNY #Super #Pumper. This super pumper has a 5500 gpm midship mounted #USFirePump #High #Velocity #Pump. The most stringent pump testing is required by the Department and this HVP pump did not fail to deliver the expected performance.
Kudos to our friends at #ferrarafire for manufacturing this Super Pumper."

View attachment 7516View attachment 7517View attachment 7518View attachment 7519

Of course, no unit number; no crew cab
Looks good though.

Wen the Superpumper was in service, there were street grid maps citywide that showed where the best locations were to operate from. Specific intersections had water mains that weren't cross-connected and they could get a supply via 4 1/2" hose from up to three different water mains. This was especially true in the South Bronx; volume wasn't a problem. Other times, 2-3 pumpers would supply simultaenously from different mains in VOLUME setting with Satellite hose..
There were also two "Red Hydrants" about six feet apart designated as Superpumper hook up sites that supplied extra water and . I'm pretty sure they are still in existence.

^^^^ The Red Hydrants at the SP hookup site were also on a larger than normal size water main IIRRC.

There were also two "Red Hydrants" about six feet apart designated as Superpumper hook up sites that supplied extra water and . I'm pretty sure they are still in existence.

I believe I came across one of these sites in Manhattan last year, was curious what it was.