100' Ferrara Rear Mount Aerials

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
I do have to agree that the FDNY Spec is it's own beast and can't be compared.
However I have to say It would be nice if FDNY had demo units first.

The McCoy Miller Ambulance contract for 400 units was pulled after a few units.  They became so bad they pulled all units in service and got rid or reused them for non ems functions, some ended up with private hospitals..  They had the FDNY Spec but couldn't build it.

I would hope that with as long as it's taking for ANY of these new rear mounts to be placed into service, that all the bugs will be worked out ahead of time  ;). Just sayin'...

On a side note - who has the FDNY's current ambulance contract?

10-3thebox said:
I would hope that with as long as it's taking for ANY of these new rear mounts to be placed into service, that all the bugs will be worked out ahead of time  ;). Just sayin'...

Wheeled Coach on Dodge RAM 4 door chasis. 

It just doesn't seem to make sense why they would keep adding to the order before one of these rigs is even in service.

kidfrmqns said:
It just doesn't seem to make sense why they would keep adding to the order before one of these rigs is even in service.

Might have to do with money and the budget

Bulldog

Bulldog
JOR176 said:
kidfrmqns said:
I agree that's probably one of the big reasons, however it seems silly to keep buying equipment that doesn't go in service!  I don't remember any other apparatus order that has taken this long for the first unit to go in service.

10-3thebox said:

Probably won't see most of the bugs until the companies start using them.

In2theJob said:
10-3thebox said:

Probably won't see most of the bugs until the companies start using them.

+1

This is a certainty.  No one breaks sh!t like we break sh!t.  :p

One LAST post on L-26. This was the busiest company in Boston and ranked in the top 5 in the country. I am sure wear and tear was there.

I can confirm that L81 is now using the Ferrara! I guess we will start to hear how they perform in the coming days or weeks...

Len90 said:
I can confirm that L81 is now using the Ferrara! I guess we will start to hear how they perform in the coming days or weeks...

Ah-ha...at last! Now we just need a photo (as evidence) so we can finally sleep at night  ;D.

Bulldog said:
JOR176 said:
kidfrmqns said:
I agree that's probably one of the big reasons, however it seems silly to keep buying equipment that doesn't go in service!  I don't remember any other apparatus order that has taken this long for the first unit to go in service.
  The only rigs I know of that took longer to reach the street were the five 1986 Seagrave rearmounts (SL8601D thru SL8605D) that didn't hit the streets until the Spring of 1988. Coincidently, those 1986's went to some of the the same units that are getting new Ferraras today (L137, L156, L19, L81, L123).

Unit 4619 is off the "In Production" page.

Still on the "In Production" is unit 4620,  with markings for L 38 

10-3thebox said:
Len90 said:

Ah-ha...at last! Now we just need a photo (as evidence) so we can finally sleep at night  ;D.

You want the proof... you can't handle the proof!!! Sorry it is not a great picture at all, but I'll have better ones in the coming days.

IMG_0004.jpg

You want the proof... you can't handle the proof!!! Sorry it is not a great picture at all, but I'll have better ones in the coming days.

IMG_0004.jpg
[/quote]
If L81 is going to the deli on the corner for meal then they have great taste in food. The few times that ive been to that deli they've always made a mean sandwich. @Len90 Are you from SI?

mercurygrandmarquis1 said:
If L81 is going to the deli on the corner for meal then they have great taste in food. The few times that ive been to that deli they've always made a mean sandwich. @Len90 Are you from SI?

Don't know where they were or what they were doing. This was taken by my brother on his way to work. I was originally born in Staten Island and lived there for a bit. I now live in NJ but am always on Staten Island.

9/25/2011

I was crossing VNB early this morning and saw an auto accident on VNB on Brooklyn bound side, upper level.

E 242 blocking traffic toward SI.  E 151 on other side, and up pulls a brand new spanking L 81. Looked great.  B 21, E 162 and R 5 were staged at Administartion Building.  Didn't look like R 5 had their new rig.