100' Ferrara Rear Mount Aerials

Bulldog

Bulldog
R1SmokeEater said:
Ladder-137 in parade..............

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rivarix/6241624818/
Is it in service or was it just being driven for the parade?

Bulldog said:
R1SmokeEater said:
Ladder-137 in parade..............

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rivarix/6241624818/
Is it in service or was it just being driven for the parade?

That rig is not in service.  There are no tools in the mounts on the doors and the spots for cans is empty too.  I'm going with O.O.S......or not yet in service.

Also, looks like L38 is off the production page leaving L29 next.  Who know's though.  That page is pretty out dated.  Haz Mat is still there.

According to redlight on modelfiretrucks.net/smf Ladder 137 went into service on Monday. The 99's days are numbered.

Len90 said:
According to redlight on modelfiretrucks.net/smf Ladder 137 went into service on Monday. The 99's days are numbered.
  They should park the old rig nearby like Rescue 5 did so they won't have to wait for a spare when the Ferrara coughs or chokes.

Bulldog

Bulldog
guitarman314 said:
Len90 said:
  They should park the old rig nearby like Rescue 5 did so they won't have to wait for a spare when the Ferrara coughs or chokes.
Sounds like a great idea based on what's been happening

I think the biggest problem with the whole Ferrara fleet going OOS all the time is the warranty.  Pierce won't bid FDNY because the warranty terms are too strict.  They also did not want to build a repair facility for that purpose.  IMOP Ferrara is working warranty claims becasue that's what they contracted to do nd it sure looks like they are stuck with lots of warranty repairs tahtt are fair wear and tear.  Your thoughts?

Dover FD said:
I think the biggest problem with the whole Ferrara fleet going OOS all the time is the warranty.  Pierce won't bid FDNY because the warranty terms are too strict.  They also did not want to build a repair facility for that purpose.  IMOP Ferrara is working warranty claims becasue that's what they contracted to do nd it sure looks like they are stuck with lots of warranty repairs tahtt are fair wear and tear.  Your thoughts?

Hopefully Ferrara has a good plan of how to address all these apparatus issues without going bankrupt in the process!

Bulldog

Bulldog
Dover FD said:
To me the concern is the units are already going OOS Ian that there really hasn't been any wear and tear yet because they haven't been in service at all or for just a minimal length of time.  I would be really concerned about what things are going to look like after they have been used for a little while. 

10-3thebox said:
Does anybody have, or know where any pics are now posted of either L-81 or L-137?

-Thanks!

I have iphone pictures of 81 from my brother that I can post up in a little bit. Just have to take care of some work...

Dover FD said:

You are correct.  The warranty terms are very stringent.  It is bumper to bumper comprehensive coverage for (I believe) 5 years.  Other issues are covered for longer depending on what parts are involved.  However, trouble pertaining to wear and tear shouldn't plague Ferrara's maintenance staff.  Wearable parts are just that, wearable and not subject to warranty coverage.  Now, if there are electrical gremlins, or issues arise with hydraulics, then that's a different story.  All rigs should come with a warranty like that.  There is no reason that any part of a one million dollar vehicle should fail to function in 5 years.  If something does fail, then a manufacturer should stand behind their product.

There's gotta be more to the story of "Who's Bidding" than the warranty.  Is the warranty tough?  Yes, but that's why each rig costs over one million dollars.  That's a lot of money for one rig without any equipment.  Compare that to the buffed out parade pieces on Long Island and you'll find that it's pretty expensive for a rig without a lot of bells and whistles.  I don't know the math, but someone in the accounting dept. at Ferrara hopefully does.  Tough costumer, tough warranty.  However, you get the guarantee of a large order and top shelf advertising for your business.  Hopefully it works out for them.

Unit # 4622 is on the production page and lettered for L8

http://www.ferrarafire.com/CustomerSupport/InProduction/InProduction.html

Here is a summary of the information I have been able to put together for the original order of twenty units:

Ferrara Numbering:                          Order of delivery according to Jack Lerch  in FAJ        In Service

4504    L 137                                    L 137                                                                          x
4505    L 156                                    L 156 
4506    L 81                                      L 81                                                                            x                                     
4507    L 123                                    L 123
4508    L 24                                      L 24
4509    L 169                                    L 169
4510    L  32                                    L 32 
4511    ??                                        L 154
4512    L 42                                      L 42
4513    L 4                                        L 4

4517    L 165                                    L 165
4518    ??                                        L 49
4519    ??                                        L 173
4520    L38                                      L 38
4521    ??                                        L 29
4522    L 8                                        L 8   
4523    L 113                                    L 113
4524    L 132                                    L 132 
4525    L 11                                      L 11   
4526    L 3                                        L 3

Total  20 units

Courtesy FAJ:137, 156, 81, 123, 24, 169, 32, 154, 42, 4, 165, 49, 173, 38, 29, 8, 113, 132, 11, and 3. This is a 3 year order of  6, 4, and 10. Units will be assigned in order of delivery. 

Updated:    10/31/2011