News of Members

mack

Administrator
Very sad news. Frank was a very strong FDNY and NYPD supporter. Frank was a wonderful person - good hearted, generous, cheerful, friendly. He was a role model for others. I always enjoyed all every opportunity to interact with him. I will miss him and this site will miss him. God bless you, Frank Meade. Thank you.

Frank organizing another support function (far left):

Frank M.jpg

Last edited:

mack

Administrator
1607098427906.png
Chelsea Remembers Its Veterans
Posted on November 13, 2019No Comment

20191111_101030.jpg
Members of the NYPD were among those taking part in Nov. 11’s Veterans Day ceremony. |
Photo by Allen Oster

Frank-Meade-at-podium.-Photo-by-Allen-Oster.jpg
Foreground, L to R: Frank Meade and Rev. James Hauver. | Photo by Allen Oster

BY ALLEN OSTER | On Mon., Nov. 11, at the Soldiers and Sailors Memorial on Ninth Ave. (btw. W. 27th & 28th Sts.), Chelsea residents, elected officials, and the NYPD came together to remember our country’s veterans and give special recognition to the members of Chelsea’s St. Columba Parish, who served their country in World War I.

Two hundred and forty-three men from the immediate area went off to the war—20 did not return, and their names were read during the ceremony.

Frank Meade, a veteran who was born and raised in Chelsea, has been organizing this event for the past 10 years, opened the ceremony by welcoming everyone.

The Rev. James Hauver, Pastor of St. Columba Church, offered the opening benediction, after which Meade offered a stirring tribute to the men and women currently serving in our armed forces, as well as to our first responders.

It was a moving moment for Chelsea residents, who came together to remember the men and women who gave their lives in service to our country and community.

New York State Senator Brad Hoylman, who provided the Memorial Wreath and has supported this event for the past years, also spoke to the assembled crowd, offering heartfelt remarks. Rev. Hauver concluded the ceremony.

I completely agree with all sentiments posted here for our Dearly Departed Friend, a Truly Fine Gentleman
Frank M.
Though we never met, I was fortunate to exchange some Notes & e-mail w/ Frank. His Record of Service Speaks
for itself. A Real Hero; sadly missed. Resti In Eternal Peace Brother.

Bil; Many Thanks for Notification, and All You Do for Our Friends here.